Thursday 3 July 2014

Grimsby Town Vs Gateshead







Grimsby Town-Blundell Park







Football Ground:11
Grimsby Town 1-1 Gateshead
01/05/14
Skrill Premier (Play Offs)



It was a very cold Thursday evening when Grimsby Town played Gateshead in the first match of the play offs. I was really excited about this match because last year Grimsby suffered a 1-0 lost at home to Newport but this year I thought we had a better and stronger squad. 

I left my house around 6pm to meet up with some friends, we arrived at Blundell Park around 6.45pm and we was the first lot of people waiting to get into the findus stand! I don't normally sit in there but I thought one match away from the pontoon won't hurt. It was a great view you can see everything and even the sea but the downside it that it was very cold.

The fans all pilled through around 7.30pm and I was starting worry because all I wanted is Grimsby to win, and it was 7.45pm, the fans singing as the players walked out from the tunnel. Things didn't look good for the mariners when Larkin the Gateshead striker put the away side in front after 7 minutes, after that it was all Grimsby and all of the hard work from the home side payed off when Scott Kerr put a cross in and Craig Disley the skipper scored from a header in the 24th minute. No other chances were created until Rodman had a header well saved by there keeper just before half time.


I missed 15 minutes of the second half due to a massive line of people waiting to go to the toilet but lucky nothing happened, the rest of the half was all Grimsby again they had lots of chances but just couldn't score again the best opportunity they had was at the end when Scott Neilson had a shot but there keeper tipped it over. The game finished 1-1 with Gateshead being the happier team Grimsby know they should of won but thats football. I really enjoyed sitting in the findus for a change I had a great view off the pitch and the goals and I will be going to the second leg of the play offs!

Here are some other photos I managed to get!
Enjoy.     
  












No comments:

Post a Comment