Thursday 3 July 2014

Gateshead Vs Grimsby Town





Gateshead-International Stadium



Football Ground : 12
Gateshead 3-1 Grimsby Town
04/05/14
Skrill Premier (Play Offs)

I don't know what game is bigger Wrexham at Wembley or this one! this game was either going to decide if Grimsby were going to Wembley to have one last shot for promotion or if we lose we stay in this poor league.

Away day! I am up and ready at 7.15pm waiting to leave my house for a big day ahead of me, our coach left at a good time but I can't remember what time sorry but all I know is that it was going to be a long trip. It was such a boring trip up there I tried to go to sleep but it didn't work but we finally stop at a station for a bit to eat I got my self a KFC can't go wrong there!, we left the station and we was only 1 hour away from the ground I couldn't wait.

As our coach was driving up we saw lots of town fans but in the background was St James Park the home ground of Newcastle! and just in front of that is the Gateshead ground how strange is that?
we got parked up about 5 minutes away from the ground and we all walked up singing Grimsby songs.


The ticket was really cheap only £2 you can't go wrong for a away ticket in a play off game and the programme was a real struggle to get because I didn't see people selling them outside the ground so I had to buy one off someone inside the ground for the same price I was glad he would sell it to me as I said this is for my blog etc and he was happy to sell it







The game kicked off and it was Gateshead on the front pushing Grimsby to defend put James McKewon did one bad mistake and gave Gateshead a lead at half time, Grimsby had to come out fighting and things go worse when winger Scott Neilson got a red card for nothing the referee had a nightmare but then skipper Craig Disley scored and he ran straight into the Grimsby fans and it was that good a smoke bomb appeared it was 1-1 we had 10 men we was playing good it looked like we would get a win but NO! Sam Hatton out of all people got him self another yellow card and got a red card for 2 yellow cards I thought to my self WHY? and it went all wrong from there when late on Marwood scored a fantastic goal when he finessed the ball into the top left corner then to make it worse they made it 3-1 when our keeper Macca came out for the ball because there was no defence and the striker had a tap in and there 'fans' should I say Newcastle and Sunderland fans ran onto the pitch. That was it it Grimsby will be in this league again we should of won at home and if we did it could of been a different story.
  

Our players came out and clapped the fans and we clapped them back but the police are so annoying they push you for no reason!!! they got me around the neck for shaking a players hand how rude!
I even got my self in the paper with my scarf up.

Overall it was a sad day because we didn't achieve what we wanted and that was promotion but the positives is that we got the play offs again, we beat Scunthorpe in the Fa Cup and Sam Hatton got released.

Enjoy the other photos.
I'll see you all next season
Kieran.    























No comments:

Post a Comment