Monday 30 March 2015

Gainsborough Trinity Vs Grimsby Town




Gainsborough Trinity - The Northolme




Ground Number : 14
Gainsborough Trinity 1-3 Grimsby Town 
02/08/14
Lincs Cup (Semi Final)

Finally the second game of the season for me has arrived and its a lincs cup semi final match between Gainsborough Trinity and Grimsby Town. Last seasons runners up will host the 2012-2013 winners Grimsby Town. This competition has a bit of history behide its back and its a trophy in recent years what Grimsby like to win. I was really excited for this match for many reasons like seeing the new players once again and see how they perform and also its a new ground where I have never been. In truth I would of liked to gone to Boston because there ground seem much better.

I woke up at 7am for this match but to waste some time I played football manager 2015 till 10:45 then at 11am I left my house to catch the coach. We arrived at Gainsborough at 1.30pm so I just bought a chip bun for around £2 which is a very good price! After that I had a quick look at there club shop it was really small but they was selling old programmes, polo shirts and pens etc.



The matched was a very good one the conference north side pushed Grimsby all the way but Grimsby was 3-1 winners and went through to the final. Gainsborough went 1-0 through a penalty were the Grimsby keeper went the right way but he couldn't do another to save it.  But John-Paul Pitman saved the mariners from a shock defeat but when it looked like it was going into extra time Grimsby substitute Ross Hannah managed score two goals in injury time to save the mariners from extra time.


We arrived back home at 7pm and overall I enjoyed the occasion, Gainsborough would of been gutted but Grimsby took there chances.

Here are some other photos! 











No comments:

Post a Comment