Tuesday 1 July 2014

Alfreton Town Vs Grimsby Town





Alfreton- Impact Arena







Football Ground: 9
Alfreton Town 3-3 Grimsby Town
18/4/14
Skrill Premier 


This was a game where I was very lucky to attend too because at the time I had no money at all, I sold my back up phone for £30 to my friend. But then he sold it again for £50! I don't know how haha, but after that he offered to pay my coach and ticket for the game which was really nice of him to do at the time!. On the day I woke up at 9am because we didn't have to leave until 11.15am, I had a nice cold shower to wake me up and get me into the football spirt again!. 

We arrived about 2pm on a warm sunny day, we parked up at a school car park area just 5 minutes away from the ground, when the Grimsby fans were walking up Bt sport was recording us going inside the ground I managed to get my big head on TV haha. At 2.30pm we got news that the team coach will be late due to a crash on a motor way and kick off was delayed meanwhile the official Grimsby photographer wanted a picture with me and some other fans with a flag which was in front of us!.
  
As you see I am on the left in my blue away shirt with my arms out pretending to sing the 'MARINERS' song, also with this photo Grimsby have published it onto there Facebook/Twitter and there website which is very good! when I get time I might print it out.

Meanwhile the game got more delayed because the team haven't arrived yet but it didn't stop our fans singing, all the fans must of sang until the coach came it was crazy! I can't remember what time the team arrived but when they did back up keeper J.Hedge twitted out about how great the support is even when the team isn't there, this must show that we have one of the best away following crowds.

The Grimsby team was only allowed to train for 10-15 minutes due to kick off being so late but they got a good reception from the 1000 plus Grimsby fans, believe it or not Alfreton only had like 800-900 fans so we actually outnumbered a home time which is funny, the time came where we kicked off and it didn't take long at all for Grimsby to take the lead when Ross Hannah scuffed his shot but made it into the back off the net after a mistake by the keeper it was only 7 minutes in. Grimsby had plenty of other shots to increase the lead but in the 25th minute the game was back to square one when Josh Law had a powerful shot just inside the box to sneak into the goal, 8 minutes later Ross Hannah scored again from 5 yards which he couldn't miss that was the first half done. (Alfreton 1-2 Grimsby)

Second half was as good as the first half because 6 minutes in Pearson gave away a penalty to give Alfreton a chance to make it 2-2, John Akinde stepped up and slotted it into the bottom right corner after that the game turned boring but in the 70th minute Pearson redeemed himself by winning Grimsby a penalty and a chance for Hannah to get a hat-trick and to give Grimsby another lead for the 3rd time and Hannah did what he does best smashes the ball into the middle to give Grimsby the lead! 20 minutes left we can't lose this or drew Alfreton look nothing until A.Thomas did another mistake! he headed backwards to give the ball too Clayton and he slotted it in to make it 3-3 WHAT A GAME!!! 
That was it the full time whistle went and it finished 3-3 on the way back after the game our fans on the coach was saying how we should of won the game the mood was very different for sure! but overall I loved it because we watched a good game with lots of goals and also we had a good atmosphere which made the game 10 times better!

Here are some other photos!   






No comments:

Post a Comment