Monday 28 April 2014

Wrexham Vs Grimsby Town (The Final)





Engalnd-New Wembley












 Football Ground: 3
Wrexham 1-1 Grimsby Town 
Wrexham win on penalties 
24/3/13
Fa Trophy Final









 It was on the day! the day which I have been dreaming for ages! it was going to wembley the home ground of the national team called England. The ground which holds nearly 100,000 seats inside it. I couldn't sleep lets be honest here the emotions got to me the following night. I woke up at 7am that was very late since my friends got up at 6am I had to be ready and prepared in 20 minutes it was a massive rush but I blame the nerves. I got into the Grimsby town hall around 8am where all the fans got picked up from before I left my dad took some photos of me and my mates.






Our coach was late I was not happy because it was going to be my first ever trip to wembley and I wanted to get there asap. I went on with coopers which was coach D because they had like 8 coaches from that single company. My friend Sam didn't have to pay nothing because I was off on holiday with him in the summer so my mum told his mum to knock off the wembley money off the holiday money if that makes sense. We finally left Grimsby and was heading into London for a long day ahead it was around 4 hours trip we had, we stopped half way into Peterborough to get a quick bit to eat and then got off again. When we got into Watford I could see the wembley arc I was so excited knowing I am minutes away from the ground. Finally we entered wembley and I had to wait even longer because we had to find a good place to park the coach that must of been an extra 10 minutes then we finally got off so I decided to get some images from a good distance.





From here I went to the gates to get into the ground it was strange we had to get our tickets scanned I have never experienced that before. Then I went though and WOW! it was massive they had betting shops inside the ground and some other shops, the food was really expensive but I was hungry so I decided to buy a sausage roll and a packet of crisp which was like £5. Then I found my seat it was great view have a look at the photos!.







 This wasn't a dream anymore it became real I finally got to wembley to witness my home town Grimsby Town in a cup final which we lost on penalties which was heartbreaking. The players walked out for the pre match training and a warm welcome from the Grimsby fans clapped them while Wrexham booed them. After that finished they got ready for the biggest match ahead I was so nervous the teams walked out and 35,000 fans was shouting and clapping for both set of teams. We did the national anthem too which was really good too. Then the game kicked off from the first minute Wrexham destroyed Grimsby, Our keeper James McKewon made some world class saves to prevent Wrexham from scoring then out of the blue in the 77th minute Joe Colbeck crossed the ball into Andy Cook's feet and he shot and got saved then the ball bounced back out into his feet and he smashed the ball home to make it Grimsby Town 1 Wrexham 0 I thought we was going to do it from there but no I was wrong a stupid challenged from Shaun Person gave Wrexham a penalty in the 85th minute and no nerves came across Kevin Thornton when he scored from 12 yards and it was full time 1-1. Extra time began and nothing happened except in the 120th minute when Danny Wright had a shot and James McKewon pulled off a fantastic save to make it go to penalties. I was sweating I wanted to cry penalties are too horrible and I was right our penalties where so poor I think it summed off the day when we deserved nothing. Wrexham won and was crowned champions of the Fa Trophy I was very very upset and never felt like this before. But overall it was a fantastic occasion for me and everyone around wembley today. Here are some other photos of the match.






























































No comments:

Post a Comment