Monday 28 April 2014

Cleethorpes Town Vs Grimsby Town





Cleethorpes Town-The Bradley Community Centre 






Football Ground: 4
Cleethorpes Town 0-2 Grimsby Town
09/07/13
Pre Season Friendly








 It was a very nice day in Grimsby when these two teams played each other on the 9th July 2013. Grimsby were trying to put things right after they fell short twice last season. It was a afternoon game and the sun was out I was very excited for this game because I wanted to check out the new signings for the club weather they look good or not. I managed to get a new camera for my birthday earlier this month and this match was a perfect opportunity to test the new camera weather to see if it was good to use in football matches. I managed to get some great shots like the picture above. This ground is like 5 minutes away from me so I could be late to the game but that didn't stop me I was the first person to get there because I wanted to get the pictures in.




 Here is Clee Town mascot as its know "The Owl" me and my friend Russell managed to get photo with the mascot a few months later. In this picture they was presenting last years top to a charity if I remember right. The club is very friendly the ground has a certain capacity too and it filled up very quick they must love games like this because Grimsby are a big club. The game began with a new keeper on trail and also a ex premier league centre back called Chris Doig the mariners had a good starting line up and Clee Town managed to make it 0-0 at half time. The mariners did several changes at half time and it didn't take long for new signing Paddy McLaughlin to net the first goal with a good finish into the bottom left corner. Within 2 minutes the mariners added a second goal coming from Aswad Thomas. Then after that Tim Lowe the Clee Town right back went face to face with the mariners left back with a challenge he didn't like. The score line stayed like that and finished 2-0 to Grimsby Town, Clee town played well too nothing against and should use this match for confidence through the season. Here are some other photos throughout the match and before. 

































No comments:

Post a Comment