Tuesday 29 April 2014

Barnet Vs Grimsby Town





Barnet-The Hive







Football Ground: 6
Barnet 2-1 Grimsby Town
18/02/14
Skrill Premier






This was my first ever 7:45pm kick off game away from home luckily it was during the holidays but it cost a lot but I really wanted to go because it is a new stadium and I wanted to get some good photos of it. I left Grimsby at 2.45pm with Sam,Aaron,Rob,William and I was meeting my best friend Russell at the game I knew it was going to be a long journey down so I decided to bring some Top Trumps with me and after a game Aaron wasn't happy and quit. Aaron kept us entertained on the way so it was okay but me and Rob (Aaron's brother) was just speaking about the tickets because we ordered them online and we was just worried so when we get there we was going straight there. We finally arrived at Barnet or should I say 6 miles away from Barnet because there stadium isn't in Barnet just like Grimsby really.




So we got our ticket and the nerves went it cost £9 which isn't that bad because if I paid on the day it would of been £20 thats awful for a child!. So we entered the ground I was having a great convo with Russ just catching up with each other and I stood with him during the game which was good. The game kicked off and not the best starts to a football match because within 2 minutes Barnet scored the opening goal from a corner which led into a O.G! it was that till half time then the second half began and it was completely different Grimsby side we completely dominated Barnet and it soon paid off when skipper Craig Disley scored a looping header past the keeper and Grimsby didn't stop we kept pushing and pushing and it didn't work out because Jake Hyde scored from short distance past McKewon 9 minutes till time. That was the final score we lost 2-1 very gutting indeed when we deserved too get at least a point but thats football. I overall enjoyed my time because I saw Russell getting a photo with a Grimsby player and Aaron did too.



The long journey back wasn't pleasing because I had to say goodbye to Russ which was sad and I knew it was like a 4 hour trip back but the bus driver made it into a 5 hour trip because he went through a long distance which was stupid I tried to get to sleep but just failed but when a thought I did the 2nd bus driver woke us up which one bang out! but we finally got home safe and sound about 2am but I was glad I went because I saw Russ and I also saw a new stadium!



Here are the photos!




















1 comment: