Tuesday 31 March 2015

Lincoln City Vs Grimsby Town




Lincoln City - Sincil Bank





Ground Number : 16
Lincoln City 3-2 Grimsby Town
09/09/14
Vanarama Premier 


Derby day! My 4th ground this season and what a game I have installed for me. Lincoln haven't beat Grimsby yet since they have been in the conference and they will be looking to change that this evening. It was a 7.45pm kick off so I had most of the day off. Our coach left 4pm because Lincoln isn't that far from Grimsby so it was a short trip up which isn't that bad. I was really excited about this match because I felt Grimsby would off been up for it after we have sold out our away tickets once again so I felt the players would of been motivated. But we finally got off at 4 and the short journey began once we arrived at Sincil Bank I looked at my camera battery and it only had a little bit of battery left! But I was hopeful it would last. Before I entered the ground I had a quick look in there club shop to see what they had but I purchased myself match day programme and a pen for £3.50 which isn't that bad for a price.
Once I finally entered the ground I bought myself a chip bun which was very nice for a good price too for about £2. The I was waiting for the team news and finally we got the teams with Grimsby starting as a 4-5-1 with McKeown, Bignot, Pearson, Nsiala, Magnay, Pitman, Disley, Brown, Clay, Neilson and John-Lewis. Also Grimsby had a referee who the fans do not like and that was Mr Darren England. 

The atmosphere was so good from Grimsby but also you could here the 617 also known as the Lincoln supporters trying to out sing each other and you could feel the energy around the ground. But Grimsby had the worst start after Burrow scored within the 8th minute to give Lincoln the lead then Darren England awarded Lincoln with a penalty and it was the chance to double the lead but Tomlinson missed it and Grimsby were still in the game. Captain fantastic Disley scored just before half time to give the mariners something to cheer about. Second half began and within 17 minutes the referee gave Lincoln another penalty!! I just couldn't believe it and Newton only just scored it to make it 2-1 but Grimsby wouldn't quit because within 2 minutes former Wycombe player Pitman scored a wonderful goal to make it 2-2 with 30 minutes left to play. Then Lincoln scored the winner in the 88th minute but it looked like a foul was made on the Grimsby keeper and that was it Lincoln managed to beat Grimsby 3-2 in front of 5,209 with it being 2,000 from Grimsby too. I was really gutted about this because it was such a massive game I feel we was let down.

Overall it was a massive disappointment because Grimsby didn't play at there best and we lost to our main rivals. So the journey home began and you could defiantly feel the disappointed on the coach and it was so quite it felt odd! We arrived back around 10ish.

Here are some other images I took on the day!








No comments:

Post a Comment